ACT/SAT Exam Prep
Our experienced teachers can prepare students for required college entrance exams as well as for other traditional standardized tests. Both private tutoring and small group prep classes are available where students can learn proven strategies to help maximize their scores. Our teachers have helped many students see dramatic improvements, not only in their test scores, but also in increased self-confidence that comes with with continued practice and readiness. We can help with:
- AP Exams
*We also proctor exams for BYU Independent Study as well as for other college programs.
Prep Class or Individual Tutoring?
We're often asked about the differences between and benefits of individual ACT tutoring and group prep classes.
If your student needs a basic overview of the test, combined with instruction in each area, and a completed practice test with answers, then you might consider our group ACT prep classes. These small group sessions meet for approximately two hours per week for four weeks, on specific days and times (a total of 8 hours of teaching time.)
If your student needs assistance in one or two specific areas, and wants to focus solely on those topics, then individual tutoring sessions may be the better option. Private tutoring appointments are available Monday - Saturday, from 9:00am to 8:00pm. Occasional Sunday appointments are available.
We are happy to assist in helping you make the decision that best suits your student's needs.
Prep Classes include:
- Four classes, covering all topics on the test
- Instruction ranging from test-taking strategies to test content
- Each student receives their own handouts and test booklets for all sections of the test. These materials are theirs to keep for review and practice.
- All class-time prep work is timed with guided instruction, including the review of missed answers where necessary.
Individual Tutoring Includes:
- One-on-one sessions, tailored to the student's needs and goals
- Multiple sessions as desired
- Specialized focus on areas of concern
- Monday thru Saturday times are available to accommodate busy schedules